On June 9th, Boston will host its 33rd annual JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge, a 3.5 mile race with 9,000 runners and 520 corporate teams from around the Greater Boston area. The Corporate Challenge is the perfect time to show off your company’s team spirit, to get employees engaged and motivated and to help along your health and wellness activity. Registering as a corporate team also provides you with the perfect time to introduce some team wear and fun athletic-related items to your employees. Here are a few of our favorite picks for outfitting your Corporate Challenge Team with branded apparel and promotional items.
- T-Shirts & Tank Tops: Boston’s Corporate Challenge takes place in June, often on a warm day. Choose a moisture-wicking t-shirt or tank, with a base of your company colors and with a corporate logo so your team will have cohesiveness in a crowd.
- Running Shorts: Help your employees launch their summer workout routines with branded running shorts. Lightweight options are perfect for being outdoors in Boston’s hot summers, and customizable color and logo options help add to the overall branded look.
- Running Jacket:If you want your corporate team to feel like they’re champs, consider adding a lightweight jacket. This is the perfect item for training on cooler days or for casual wear during the weekend.
We all know half the reason to run a race is to get all the fun promotional items that come with it. Get your team in gear by providing them with a race bag full of branded goodies. Here are some of our favorites for promoting team spirit.
Give your team all the best gear! It’s these small touches that carry on your brand momentum and tend to hang around with recipients. Some of our favorite giveaways are:
- Branded Ear Buds: In-hear headphones designed with microphones for use with smartphones, computers and tablets. Includes 3 different interchangeable buds for comfortable fit. Comes in a variety of color choices, includes a logo on the case and are priced for any budget.
- Marathon Cap: A great looking, durable hat with a moisture-wicking mesh crown and visor with protective coating. Customized with your logo on the front. Comes in white-gray, black-gray, navy-gray and red-gray.
- Team Socks: Useful is the name of the game with these socks. Choose from the basics – white or black quarter-top socks with your logo – or the more wild version athletic crew length sock with full color coverage.
Fuel your team for race day.
- Snacks: Branded granola bars are a great way to provide a pre- or post-race treat, not only for your runners but to anyone else nearby. This is certain to help get the word out about your brand. Priced so you can afford to share.
- Water Bottles: Select a sleek bottle that your runners will hold onto even after the race is over. This flip-open drinking spout and wide mouth make it easy to add water and clean. Available in endless color options.
- Sunscreen & Lip Balm Duo: A run in the hot sun is a definite reason for sunscreen. We love this duo because it gangs together sun protection for both skin and lips. Added bonus is that it is exactly the type of giveaway that hangs around in the bag or pocket of the recipient to be used all season long or passed around.
Once everyone’s set to go, it’s time to add the fun stuff. Think of this as your pep rally gear: colorful, bright and just for fun. Here are some of our favorites:
- Flashing Multicolor Shoe Heel Light: This one-size-fits-all light flashes or changes color using a single power button, adding brightness to any run and safety to night runs.
- Headbands: A headband is a great way to wick away sweat while providing some team spirit and a little 80s fun. These come in a plethora of colors, can be printed digitally or embroidered.
- Temporary Tattoos: We LOVE temporary tattoos as a fun way to “brand” ourselves. These are a super inexpensive way to get your team together on the big day. They come in tons of colors and styles, and you can get them for pennies.
- Rally Towels: You might recognize these from sporting events, but if you’ve got a big Corporate Challenge team, these can be a fun photo opportunity or way to kick off the event.
- Sunglasses: How about a little early 90s touch to your team? Break out these sunglasses in bright, fun colors like red, blue, black, white and lime green. Add your logo to the side and stay in the shade.
- Slap Bracelets: Another throwback item, slap bracelets are an inexpensive and fun way to get your team branded. They come in a variety of vibrant colors with your logo front and center.
Ready to outfit your team? Contact our Branded Apparel Specialists to figure out just the right fit. Mention this blog post for FREE imprinting on your order!