Once in awhile, we take a little break from printing over here at Ambit to have some fun. One particular team building activity has been a huge hit here at Ambit. We know many of our clients and partners are always looking for ways to increase the employee engagement and ideas for getting the office together, so we thought it was worthwhile to share our latest endeavor: Ambit Food Fights!
No, lunchtime hasn’t turned into a messy war. After many food-related discussions around the office, we’ve launched food showdowns that are worthy of a guest spot on Chopped. Our first was a competition for the best wings and guacamole in the office.
After several weeks of good-natured trash talking, many of our employees opted to bring their secret recipes in for the competition – and even more employees opted to try and judge. A table side guacamole prepared by employee Carolyn won the honors for that category, while Gio’s smoked paprika wings and Dean’s Thai-style wings tied for first place in the wings selection.
With perfect timing for football season, Gio, Dean and Carolyn have agreed to share their award-winning recipes with the world. Here they are to enjoy!
Dean’s Thai-Style Wings
- lime juice
- brown sugar (palm sugar would be better)
- fish sauce
- fresh Thai chili peppers (sliced thin with seeds)
- canola oil
- fresh lemongrass (smashed and chopped)
- salt to taste
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- coarse black pepper
- 6 avocados, cubed into about 1/2″ chunks
- 2 plum tomatoes, remove seeds and dice
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- cilantro, finely chopped, about 2 tablespoons worth
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste